Buy 4 New Tyres Get FREE Wheel Alignment! Excludes sale items.
We at Checkpoint Tyres cater specifically to your motor needs. With our experienced, specialist staff and using our specialist techniques we aim to go above and beyond for the ultimate makeover. We guarantee you will not be disappointed with our wheel refurbishment.
Alloy Crack Repairs
Cracked and broken alloy wheels are thrown away on a daily basis, it isn’t known that in most cases they can be safely repaired with a simple alloy wheel weld. We have industry standard alloy wheel welding equipment and the certified skills to fix most cracks or breaks, safely and professionally.
The powder coating system is the most popular refurbishment method. It gives a very high quality and durable finish. During this process the powder paint on your wheels is essentially melted onto the alloy itself and further baked in our oven to create a very strong bond.
This process involves:
1. Wheels removed from the vehicle and tyres from the rim
2. Then thoroughly washed to remove brake dust and dirt.
3. & then Placed into our acid tank to strip old paint and lacquer.
4. They are then rinsed thoroughly.
5. Lightly sand blasted to remove blemishes and corrosion
6. Rim is prepped removing all imperfections, kerbing and corrosion.
7. Rims placed in our oven.
8. Powder coat primer applied.
9. Finally rims are baked again for primer to bond.
Diamond cutting involves removing a thin layer of alloy from the wheel using specialist equipment.
With our efficient in house diamond cutting lathe we will provide you with the highest quality finish and the best possible turnaround time.
Diamond cutting can be applied to the full face and lip of the wheel, combined with an application of base coat paint. This can produce some spectacular finishes. See our machine at work on the video below
Diamond cutting wheel in progress